Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Momentous Decision


“For Luther, Christian thinking about God comes to an abrupt halt at the foot of the cross. The Christian is forced, by the very existence of the crucified Christ, to make a momentous decision. Either he will seek God elsewhere, or he will make the cross itself the foundation and criterion of his thought about God.” (Luther's Theology of the Cross, p1)


I have been reminded on a regular basis over the last month to keep the cross primary and everything else secondary. Whether in C. J. Mahaney's book Living the Cross Centered Life or D. A. Carson's message on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament, I keep encountering the 'abrupt halt' which all men in all nations at all times encounter; the Cross and Christ crucified.


My prayer is that the Holy Spirit would help me to keep Christ and the cross principal and paramount every day in every way. I will not seek God elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment