Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quietly Confident

"If you are not praying, then you are quietly confident that time, money, and talent are all you need in life. You'll always be a little too tired, a little too busy. But if, like Jesus, you realize you can't do life on your own, then no matter how busy, no matter how tired you are, you will find the time to pray."

(Miller, Paul E. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World. Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress, 2009. Print.)

Well, my personal resources of time, money, and talent are not instilling me with much confidence, at least not when I stop and think about them. However, my "default position" seems to be one of quiet confidence; this is clearly not the case. So, I must, I will, find time to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment