Monday, October 11, 2010

Thankful!

I hope everyone, in Canada, had a great thanksgiving weekend. We enjoyed time spent with family and the bounty that goes along with the holiday; turkey and all the trimmings.

I'm thankful for the beautifully coloured trees that are not burning with unending flames. I'm thankful for the turkey and dressing that didn't taste like ashes. I'm thankful for the loving embrace of my wife that didn't cause blistering and third degree burns (though she is really hot). I'm grateful for the smell of fresh cut grass and wet leaves after the rain went through; it was nothing like burning sulfur. I listen to gratitude to my children prepare for bed because it sounds so much better than what I imagine wailing and gnashing of teeth sounds like.

I'm thankful for the grace of God extended to me in the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. I'm grateful that He has NOT given me what I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment