Monday, February 13, 2012

Recommended listening: Desiring God's 2012 Pastor's Conference

I spent the better part of my weekend driving to and from Ajax, Ontario from my home in London, Ontario. Two of my daughters play on the same ringette team and they had a tournament in Ajax. It is a 2+ hour drive one way, and I was scheduled to make this drive 4 times; twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday.

With over eight hours of driving ahead of me, I decided to download some listening material as a means of redeeming my time in the van. Desiring God's 2012 Conference for Pastors was what I decided to listen to.

I was particularly interested in this conference because two of its participants, Pastor John Piper and Pastor Doug Wilson, are two preachers who resonate with me and from whom I have received much of in the way of teaching through their books, writings, videos, and audio messages.

Here is the line-up of addresses from the Pastor's Conference:
  • Father Hunger in Leading the Home by Doug Wilson 
  • Lessons on Biblical Manhood Learned from his Father by Crawford Lorritts 
  • Being and Building Men for the Local Mission by Darrin Patrick 
  • Father Hunger in Leading the Church by Doug Wilson 
  • “The Frank and Manly Mr. Ryle” — The Value of a Masculine Ministry by John Piper 
  • Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage in Hard Places by Ramez Atallah 
  • The Supremacy of Christ in All of Life: The Pastor and His Worldview by Doug Wilson and John Piper 
  • Speaker Panel: John Piper, Crawford Loritts, Darrin Patrick, Doug Wilson, Ramez Atallah 
I strongly recommend the the last two talks in the above list.
All of the messages and discussions can be dowloaded for free, in either audio or video format, or can be accessed online at the following link: Desiring God 2012 Conference for Pastors.

No comments:

Post a Comment