Monday, August 30, 2010

A Praying Life

From A Praying Life by Paul Miller:

1) If God is sovereign, then he is in control of all the details of my life.

2) If he is loving, then he is going to be shaping the details of my life for my good.

3) If he is all-wise, then he's not going to do everything I want because I don't know what I need.

4) If he is patient, then he is going to take time to do all this.


(p22, numbering and line breaks mine)

I appreciate this four-fold outlook by Paul Miller on how God works in our lives. The foundational truths of God's sovereign control and his loving benevolence are pillars to build your life on. Add to that his perfect wisdom and time-defying patience and we have good reason to trust in God with a realistic optimism. Our lives are in good, great, perfect hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment