Monday, September 21, 2009

Finding our Yes! in Him

From Enjoying God Ministries:

“God, will you answer me when I call (Ps. 4:1)?” Yes!

“God, will you be my refuge in the face of my enemies (Ps. 7:1)?” Yes!

“God, can you actually make known to me the pathway of life (Ps. 16:11)?” Yes!

“God, will you be for me fullness of joy and pleasures evermore (Ps. 16:11)?” Yes!

“God, can I count on you to be my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my shield and my stronghold (Ps. 18:2)?” Yes!

“God, will you be there, with me and for me and beside me, as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Ps. 23:4)?” Yes!

“God, will you satisfy my heart with ravishing revelations of your beauty (Ps. 27:4)?” Yes!

“God, if I delight myself in you alone, will you truly grant me the desires of my heart (Ps. 37:4)?” Yes!

“God, does your steadfast love endure all day long (Ps. 52:1)?” Yes!

“God, will you be the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Ps. 73:26)?” Yes!

“God, what of your promise not to deal with me according to my sins or repay me according to my iniquities (Ps. 103:10)? Is that really true?” Yes!

“God, is it true that your mercies never come to an end; are they literally new every morning (Lam. 3:22)?” Yes!

“God, will you continue to sing over me with joy and delight, in spite of my brokenness and weakness and immaturity (Zeph. 3:17)?” Yes!

“God, are you really committed to orchestrating all things in my life for my ultimate spiritual good (Rom. 8:28)?” Yes!

“God, will you always comfort me in my affliction so that I may be equipped and qualified to comfort others in theirs (2 Cor. 1:4)?” Yes!

“God, are all the spiritual blessings in heavenly places already and absolutely mine (Eph. 1:3)?” Yes!

“God, will you always be present to do for me far more abundantly than all I can ask or think (Eph. 3:20)?” Yes!

“God, if I work out my salvation with fear and trembling, can I know with unassailable confidence that it is you who are already at work in me to will and to do for your good pleasure (Phil. 2:12-13)?” Yes!

“God, if I pour out my heart to you with thanksgiving, will your peace guard my heart now and forever (Phil. 4:6-7)?” Yes!

“God, is it still the case that you plan on sanctifying me wholly, in spirit and soul and body (1 Thess. 5:23)?” Yes!

“God, are you actually committed to never leaving me or forsaking me (Heb. 13:5)?” Yes!

“God, if I draw near to you, will you really draw near to me (Js. 4:8)?” Yes!

“God, if I confess my sins, will you forever be faithful and just and forgive me of them (1 John 1:9)?” Yes!

“God, is it still your intent to wipe away every tear from my eyes and to banish pain and sorrow and death (Rev. 21:4)?” Yes!

“God, are you coming soon (Rev. 22:20)?” Yes!

I want to believe you, God. I long to trust your promises. How can I know for sure? To whom can I look for assurance? What guarantee will your provide?

“Jesus! For all my promises find their Yes in him!”

No comments:

Post a Comment