Wednesday, September 23, 2009

High-maintenance

high-maintenance (high-main·te·nance) - adjective - requiring excessive attention: requiring an excessive amount of attention or effort to maintain

I have never considered myself high-maintenance. As a matter of fact, I often prefer to be left alone. I'm not like those people who require tons of attention. I don't need to be coddled or constantly praised due to insecurity. I don't require constant care. Shoot me an email every 6 months and we're good. High-maintenance? Not me.

And then I realized it took nothing less than God sacrificing himself on the cross to maintain me in a right relationship with my Sovereign. It took the atoning work of the Son of God to keep me in a justified position before the righteous Father. It took the death of the infinite Christ to reconcile me to God. Infinite. That is pretty much excessive attention and effort on my Savior's part on my behalf. The price for my "maintenance" was infinitely high.

I guess I am high-maintenance. Thankfully, my Redeemer was up to the task!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am relatively high maintenance. Perhaps, to be more like Christ, we should ask for and have more patience for those who we think are high maintenance. Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we (ourselves) both think we (ourselves) are high maintenance then we should be praying for us (ourselves) to be patient with ourselves.Is that where you were going with this? :)

    ReplyDelete