Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a Gift


Colossians 2:13-15


And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.


Thank you Lord that bringing the dead back to life isn't something you reserved only for your earthly ministry. Thank you that you still raise the dead in spirit today. Lord, when I reflect on my life I'm overwhelmed with all of the sin. Thank you Jesus that you died for my debt, though you were without any debt of your own. Even though the amount of my debt seems insurmountable sometimes, thank you that your sacrifice was enough not only for my sins, but the sins of the world. Lord, I ask that you continue to build up my faith, that I wouldn't believe these things in a wisdom that comes from man, but in a wisdom and a faith that comes only from you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment